I'm riding the A train. There is an empty seat next to me. Across from me an Asian man wearing a green t-shirt with a goatee and baggy jeans sits down and cocks his head to one side. There is an empty seat adjacent to him. A woman has rushed over to two empty seats and taken the one in the corner by the window and another woman has come right behind her and sat in the empty seat next to her. The woman next to the window huffs, tightens her knees together and hugs her purse then stares straight ahead. I open my legs to stretch out and let my shoulders fall.
There are lots of other empty spaces on this train ride. I rest my spine against my seat. It's 2:30pm. I am on time to where I have to go. I look inside of the spaces to see they are filled with pause and silence. The schedules we are holding to dissolve in this pause and silence. "We have forever right now," my spirit tells me.
In between these bodies is time and time is forever whether I am here in it or not but right now I am. So for 10 minutes I enjoy forever before we reach my stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment